Materials That Can Be Recycled
Each area has different rules and regulations about what can be recycled. In some areas, municipalities provide receptacles and will come pick up your recycling, and some areas, you have to do it yourself. Either way, most places will accept the following:
Some recyclers will pay for plastics, but almost all will pay for glass and metal.
Collecting Your Recyclables
You should make this as easy and convenient as possible to encourage use. Put the area in a place where people go to throw out other garbage on a regular basis or somewhere central but discreet that they pass by often. Above all, make sure the containers themselves are not cumbersome to use or move.
· Use containers with very wide openings.
· If containers have lids, it’s better if they are hinged.
· Receptacles with wheels make them easy to move and unload.
· Stackable containers will save space.
· Make the area a clean and organized and provide space for people to put things down.
Keeping an area set aside for recycling is good for the environment and will keep clutter from piling up at your home or office.
For more information on recycling in Santa Clara, please visit this website.